Thank you for thinking of donating your time as a diver to Coral Restoration Foundation. This is a unique and fun opportunity for divers to participate in restoration activities in the Florida Keys. To become a Volunteer Diver, there are a couple of things we ask:
- 18 years of age
- Open Water dive certification (minimum)
- Completion of 30 open water dives (preferably ocean dives)
- Divers will need to show proof of dive insurance (DAN insurance is a great option!)
- Divers will need to show proof of First Aid/CPR and Oxygen Administration training
- Personal gear is maintained, proof of gear service within the last year
Once we have obtained all the important information, then divers go on to complete a Volunteer Orientation. This includes a session at our Education Center and a pool session.
- Divers will be asked to complete a few basic dive skills
- Divers will complete hands on training for coral nursery and outplanting dives
Upon completion of the Volunteer Orientation, Coral Restoration Foundation Volunteer Divers will start receiving emails about scheduling and can choose which days they are available and which activities they want to learn more about! The learning doesn’t stop after Volunteer Orientation, volunteer will learn many more skills in the field when diving with Coral Restoration Foundation staff and interns.